How To Use Protein Powder For Weight Loss, How To Use Whey Protein To Lose Weight, How To Use Whey Protein For Weight Loss
Besides helping in building the muscles, Whey protein is perhaps the most effective dietary strategy to aid weight loss because of its high thermogenic property i.e. it burns the most calories after you eat it. It contains all essential amino acids (EAAs), including the three branched-chain amino acids.
How Do I Take Whey Protein?
Take As a meal replacement: Add into a smoothie
Take As a snack replacement: Mix with just water.
Before going out to eat: Mix with water
Post Workout: Mix with water
Pre Workout: Mix with water
How Whey Protein Helps in Weight Loss? Why it is a Better Option for Weight Loss?
- It will keep you full. It satiates appetite
- Because of its high thermogenic property i.e. it burns the most calories after you eat it.
- It preserves lean muscle tissue when dropping weight.
Which type of Whey protein is best for Weight Loss?
There are three main forms of whey protein powder: Whey concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysed.
- Whey concentrate is about 70-85% protein, with some milk sugar and fat.
- Whey Isolate is about 90% protein and has a little less sugar and fat.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate (Hydrolysed Whey) form is purest form and virtually free from sugar & fat. It’s already partially broken down (pre-digested) so it’s easier to absorb.
Preference for Weight Loss: Whey Hydrolysed ∼ Whey Isolate > Whey Concentrate
How much whey protein do you need?
We recommend to take about 20-40 grams of high quality whey protein per day in order to lose the fat & gain lean muscles.
What should you mix it with?
We recommend to take whey protein along with water, or skimmed milk, or unsweetened nut milk like cashew, almond, walnut, and coconut.
Dairy milk is not a good option take along whey when you are aiming to fat lose because of fat, sugar & carb content.