Pomegranates : Health benefits, Nutrition facts & information
Scientific name : Punica granatum
Hindi name : Anaar
Find Out : Why should we eat pomegranate regularly ?
What health benefits are associated with eating pomegranates (pomegranate seeds or juice)?
Pomegranate (miracle fruit) has amazingly huge health benefits. Let’s take a look at the possible health benefits of pomegranates:
1. Fights with cancer
- Pomegranate is rich in flavonoids, polyphenols, Elagic acid which act against free radicals and prevent from cancer causing free-radicals.
- It not only prevents from breast cancer and prostate cancer but also colon cancer and leukemia.
2. Reducing chances of heart disease
- Natural pomegranates are full of anti-oxidants that prevent hardening of arteries.
- Punicalagins, a chemical compounds found in pomegranates, is beneficial for heart and blood vessels.
- Pomegranate is described as miracle fruit and show many health and medicinal benefits due to the presence of flavonoids and polyhenols; these photo-chemicals help to reduce the risk of for coronary and heart disease, heart attack and strokes.
- It lowers the amount of LDL or bad cholesterol that is retained in the body and increases the amount of good cholesterol or HDL.
- Pomegranate juice acts like as aspirin, which stops plaque formation in blood vessels.
3. Superfood for Skin Care & glowing skin
- Pomegranate juice, can be a secret potion to get a healthy, vibrant and youthful skin.
- Pomegranate is An Excellent Anti-Aging Agent, Suits All Skin Types, Helps In Healing Scars, Improves Your Skin Texture, Mask For Glowing Skin.
4. Reducing chances of skin cancers
- Some studies has shown when the extract of seeds are applied over skin, reduces the chances of skin cancer.
5. Preventing & treating arthritis & joint pain
6. Anemia prevention
- Since pomegranate juice contains ample amount of iron it helps in surmounting the red blood cell deficiency in the body .
7. Anti-inflammatory action
- It can give relief from sore throat.
8. Maintains Your Blood Pressure
9. Boosts Your Immunity
- Pomegranate juice has strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which help fight viruses and bacteria and boost our immunity system
10. Maintains Your Blood Sugar Levels
- Although pomegranate juice contains fructose, it does not elevate the blood sugar levels as other fruit juices do.
11. Aids digestion & treats diarrhea
- The high amount of dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble in pomegranate juice helps to improve digestion and regulate bowel movement.
- Since it has no saturated fats or cholesterol, it is highly recommended for those aiming to lose weight.
- Pomegranate is a very useful fruit in treating of diarrhea and dysentery.
12. Helps In Cartilage Regeneration:
13. Prevents Hair Fall
14. Improves sexual life
- Pomegranate juice is aphrodisiac in nature, if taken regularly for 15-20 days, urges the sexual desire.
- Pomegranate juice enhances blood circulation and one of the best remedy for erectile dysfunction.
- It helps to maintain the estrogen level in women and provide relief from menstrual problems.
15. Can improve memory & protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
16. Potential Benefits For Dialysis Patients
Nutrition facts & information
Pomegranate contain the following important nutrients:
- Antioxidants like Vitamin C, Punicalagins
- Vitamin A & E
- Ellagic acid & punicic acid (pomegranate seed oil)
- Omega 5 polyunsaturated fatty acid
- Flavonoids, polyphenols
- B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, Vitamin B6 and folic acid,)
- Minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, iron
“Live long with miracle fruit”