Tiger Stripe Stomach, Watermelon Stomach, GAVE, Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia : Definition, Etiology, Pathology, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Management
- Gastric antral vascular ectasia is a rare endoscopically confirmed degenerative condition which shows segmented dilated vessel meshes in the antral mucosa.
- Antrum involved.
- Dilatation of vessel: Longitudinally running tortuous dilated vessel in antrum.
- Degenerative condition.
- Common in old age.
- Incidence: Female > Male.
- It is often associated with achlorhydria and hypergastrinemia.
- Common in chronic liver disease, chronic renal disease, collagen vascular disease or autoimmune connective tissue disorders.
- Pathologically, it shows mucosal fibromuscular hyperplasia & hyalinisation.
- Argon plasma laser
Disclaimer: Doctoralerts is an educational platform. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We neither promote nor sell any type of prescription drug or supplement.