Best Pre Workout Meal for Muscle Gain & Bodybuilding, Pre Workout Meal in Morning or Evening, What to eat before a morning Workout, Pre workout meal timing
Hitting gym is a good habit but it is useless even harmful without proper nutrition. Proper pre workout & post workout meal is the key factor to acheive goals for them we sticks to gym. It is much essential to get proper managed nutrition. Working out in gym without proper nutrition may lead to various serious consequences like shrinkage of body due to lack of nutrition.
Here we are going to discuss about Pre Workout Nutrition.
What should I eat before gym? Why pre workout meal is important?
Body needs proper energy to do workout. There is essential need of amino acids for recovery from damge done to muscles. Pre workout meal will give you more energy, prevent muscle catabolism & increase the muscle anabolism.
If you don’t get proper nutrition before gym, you will experience :
- Decreased stamina
- Disturbed focus
- Disturbed motivation etc.
What should you eat before workout?
Pre workout meal should be based on Carbohydrate & Protein without Fat or Lipid.
1. Carbohydrate (Carb) : Carbohydrate is essential to meet proper energy needs of body. Here are the best foods to get proper carbs before hitting gym :
- Sweet Potato : One medium, baked sweet potato with skin (2 inches in diameter, 5 inches long, approximately 114 grams) provides 103 calories, 0 grams (g) of fat, 24 g of carbohydrate, including 4 grams of fiber and 7 grams of sugar & 2.3 grams of protein.
- Brown Rice : Brown Rice per 100 g (3.5 oz) provides energy 370 kcal, carbohydrates 77.24 g, dietary fiber 3.52 g, protein 7.85 g.
2. Protein : Protein is essential to prevent muscle catabolism, increase the muscle anabolism & to repair the damaged muscle fibres. Pre workout protein prevents muscle shrinkage. Quality proteins should be consumed such as :
- Egg Whites (3.5-4 gm protein per egg white)
- Whey Proteins
Note : Egg yolk should be avoided as pre workout meal because of fat.
Note : Milk contains 3.4 gm protein per 100 ml (80% Casein + 20% Whey protein) but is should be avoided as pre workout meal owing to fat content in it.
Where to Buy Whey Proteins? (Recommended by professionals)
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 3,599.00Was: INR 5,500.00
Price: INR 1,357.00Was: INR 1,999.00
Price: INR 2,885.00Was: INR 3,699.00
When to eat Pre Workout Food?
30-45 Minutes before gym.
Why should we avoid fat in Pre Workout meal?
Fat slows down the metabolism. It gives feeling of stomach fullness, sluggish and heavy.
What should you drink before workout to get mental attention?
Drinking Black coffee around 20 minutes before gym is a good option for proper concentration in gym.