5 Best Electric Toothbrushes in 2017, 2018
An electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that creates rapid, automatic bristle motions, either to-and-fro oscillation (about 45 degrees) or rotation-oscillation (in which the brush head alternates clockwise and anticlockwise rotation), in order to clean teeth.
Electric Toothbrushes are now more equipped to remove plaque and gingivitis. It also helps to minimize the risk of tooth decay and gum problems by maintaining tooth hygiene.
Following are best reviewed Toothbrushes in 2017, 2018 :
1. Oral-B Pro 2000 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 3,480.00Was: INR 5,800.00
2. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Electric Toothbrush
3. Oral-B Cross-action Power Toothbrush
Products from Amazon.in‹ ›
4. Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 with SmartGuide
5. Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Types of Electric Toothbrushes
1. Based on the type of action that they produce (vibration or rotation-oscillation)
- Vibrating toothbrush : A brushing technique similar to that used with a manual toothbrush.
- Rotating-oscillating toothbrush : Simply move the brush slowly from tooth to tooth.
2. Based on the speed of their movements
- Standard power toothbrushes
- Sonic toothbrushes : If the motion of the toothbrush is enough rapid to produce a buzz in the range of audible frequency of human (20-20,000 Hz). Motions at sonic speeds or below are produced by a motor.
- Ultrasonic toothbrushes : If the motion of the toothbrush is faster than to produce a buzz in the range of audible frequency of human (20 Hz to 20,000 Hz). Ultrasonic motions are produced by a piezoelectric crystal.
Now a days, modern electric toothbrushes are common which are usually powered by a rechargeable battery charged through inductive charging when the brush sits in the charging base between uses.
Features of Electric Toothbrushes
Several electric toothbrushes have following features :
- Pressure sensor
- Ultrasound indicator
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Cleaning modes
The major drawback to electric toothbrushes, according many people’s opinions, is the cost for a good quality tooth brush.
According to a study, there was not a significant difference between electric and manual toothbrushes in their ability to remove plaque and prevent gum disease but evidence suggests rotation oscillation toothbrush is more effective than manual toothbrushes.