6 Pack Abs : How to get Six pack Abs?, How to get a six pack in a month?, How to get a Six pack in 3 minutes?, How to get 8 pack? How to get a six pack for kids?
These are few most commonly asked questions about abs. However, making abs in few minutes is a theoretical question but it is possible over the days or months.
Everyone in this world have a in-born dream of getting the Six-pack abs But do you actually know how to get a six pack? Getting Six Pack Abs is not an genetic character. All have the ability to get it if they follow some universal rules of bio-physiology of body.
The abs are primarily made up of following muscles:
- Transversus abdominis : Deepest muscle layer.
- Rectus abdominis : Situated between the ribs and the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis. This muscle is what forms your six-pack.
- Abdominal oblique muscles- External & Internal
Here, we are going to present 5 efficient ways to get Six Pack Abs in shortest possible time.
1. Eat Proper & Enough Diet
Abs, more or less, are made in the kitchen and not in the gym. Best of best training programme is not going to help you if you are depriving on your diet.
Here are the parts of diet to get proper diet :
- Eat Enough Quality Protein : Protein is highly recommended macro-nutrient for muscular abs & shape. Protein helps build lean muscle as well as burn body fat. Lean protein (such as Egg protein) & Whey Protein have the highest thermogenic property i.e. burn the most calories after digesting these proteins.
Where to buy Whey Protein?
- Eat Good Carbs : Not all carbs are evil. We highly recommend to eat good carbs i.e. slow carbs or whole grains e.g. brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat, oats. Slow carbs are rich in fiber and go through your system much more slowly. When you eat carbs post-workout, they have the negligible chance of turning into belly fat. Avoid simple, white or refined carbs.
Where to buy Slow Carbs?
- Eat Healthy Fats : Fat may up your caloric intake but healthy fat (Monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fatty acids) are essential for proper growth & stabilize insulin levels. Healthy fat (MUFA & PUFA) can be obtained from olive oils, fish oils, raw nuts, nut butters, and avocado. To get better results, keep your total fat intake around 20-30% of total energy intake. Strictly avoid saturated or trans fat.
Where to buy Healthy Fat?
- Drink plenty of water : Drinking loads of water will help you to burn out fat & loose weight. And it’s best to drink it cold as your body takes energy to warm it up. Keep yourself hydrated.
- Get enough Multivitamin & minerals : Micro-nutrients like vitamins, minerals are essential proper functioning of body.
- Do breakfast
- Test Your Timing : Eeating six meals a day is optimal for weight loss.
Where to buy Multivitamins & Minerals?
2. Do Proper Abs Workout
- Perform workout to burn abdominal & belly fat : There are lots of methods to burn your belly fat. Cardio exercises are one of best way to get a flat abdomen. Aerobic exercises such as jogging, swimming, brisk walking and skipping can be performed for longer time and is the one of best way to get burn fat & get six pack abs.
- Perform Abs workout (concentrated abdominal exercises): Proper abs workout involve exercising your core muscles. Quality is important and not quantity i.e. these exercises be done in proper form, and would be best if done in cycle. There are many abdominal exercises you can choose to do for six pack abs such as :
* Lying Bicycles
* Crunches like Reverse crunch, Twisting Crunches
* Seated Jackknife
* Dumbbell Side bendd
Following exercises should also be considered for proper abs :
- Barbell Squat, Barbell Deadlift, Push-ups, Dumbbell Lunges, Seated Barbell Miliatry Press, Dips (Chest Version), Pull-ups, Barbell Bench Press (Close Grip & Medium Grip).
We suggest doing interval workouts (such as cardio) combined or super-setted with abdominal exercises. During the active recovery period of your interval workout, perform an ab exercise.
E.g. With treadmill, run for 30 seconds at your maximum possible speed, then hop off of the machine and immediately perform a set of 20 exercise ball crunches. Get back on the machine and crank it back up again. Repeat 5-8 times.
- Weight training : To get nice abs packs, weight training or exercising your shoulders and back is too important. Weight training can be performed with no. of exercises such as :
* Wood Chop
* Trunk Rotations
* Dumbbell fly
- Avoid adaptation : You don’t want your body to get used to your fixed workouts. Once something becomes easy, step it up a notch. Constantly challenging yourself is the only way you’ll see results you’ve never seen before.
The most effective strategy is a one-two approach of weightlifting and high-intensity interval training.
- Each workout circuit should be completed atleast three times a week.
- Take 30 seconds’ rest after one circuit or set then start again.
- Rest for at least a day between workouts.
- If you injure yourself, rest up and continue the workout another day.
- Each workout should take 10 minutes to complete.
- Focus on each movement and the contraction of the muscle.
- Leave any core-specific workouts until the end of your session e.g. Working your abs first will fatigue them so you won’t get the same benefits from moves such as squats and deadlifts.
3. Cut out fried & processed foods
Some processed food should be avoided. They not only make you obese but also raise your cardiac risks. During processing, unhealthy fats like trans fats may be added to products (look out for the words ‘partially hydrogenated’, ‘fractionated’, or ‘hydrogenated’ in the ingredients).
There are no. of fried & processed food that should be avoided such as :
- Bacon, salami, sausages and other processed meats
- Pasta sauce and other pre-made sauces
- Colas and all similar carbonated drinks
4. Get enough sleep
Enough sleep is essential for proper physiological functioning of body. Sleep helps to burn out the top fat & keeps your muscular cells sensitive to insulin. Lack of sleep may disrupt your hormones.
5. Do alternate workout : Perform workout for other body parts (like chest) between Abs workout days. This will help you to get symmetrical body.
To get an overall muscular body with six pack abs, We recommends 3-days a week intense workout of following
- Biceps-Back Workout with Abs workout & Cardio
- Chest-Triceps Workout with Abs workout & Cardio
- Shoulder-Legs Workout with Abs workout & Cardio
Note : Perform Lower & Upper Abs workout on alternate days.
If you are following all above tips, keep patience & continue with your workout program, healthy life style. No one can get Abs overnight. Abdominal fat will not get in few days, so don’t expect to take the fat in few days.